Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Plan....
Basically, all the following science classes need to be completed before I can ever apply to Med school and for the "beast" or should I say "equal opportunity offender" aka MCAT.  The (Medical College Admissions Test) MCAT is a must have for any medical school admission in the US and Canada.  This test has been tormenting premeds since it's inception in God knows when (1920's) and I am no exception!  I'll revisit the MCAT at a later post...
So these are the classes are:
  • General Chemistry 1&2 (with a lab component)
  • Physics 1&2 (with a lab component)
  • Organic Chem 1 & 2 (with a lab component)
  • Biochemistry
Extras if time allows:
  • Cell Biology
  • Physiology
  • Genetics
Different schools have different requirements and since my options are limited in the number of schools I can apply to d/t kiddos, hubby's work etc, I have to take all that apply to each school just to beef up my chances.

Additional Requirements:
  • Extracurricular activities
  • Research
  • Clinical Experience
  • Letters of recommendations
  • The MCAT
Lots to accomplish in one year!  Am hoping to get all these in 1 academic year including 1 extra summer....

God Help me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment